Meetings are held monthly. In many of the meetings a guest speaker discusses topics of interest to people who have Parkinson's disease.
Click on the Meetings link above for more information.
A CPWG newsletter is published approximately every two months providing a variety of information. Articles have included what's new in medicine and therapies to interviews of Professionals and CPWG members. The newsletter has something for everyone as shown by a circulation of more than 400.
Click on the Newsletter link above for more information.
Care Partners are welcomed and encouraged to participate in discussions and interactions that occur as part of the regular monthly CPWG meetings. At a point during most presentations, even when the meeting’s focus is an “open mike” style discussion of topics suggested by the general group, Care Partners are invited to move to a nearby space for a “breakout session” just for them.
There is no formal facilitator, but members are encouraged to share experiences, concerns, successes, and resources.
- Compilation of a PD library for use by members.
- Holding workshops at meetings with themes such as fitness and PD, dietary concerns, accessing information.
- Organizing information sessions for recently diagnosed people to give them support and resources that will help them through the first months and years with PD.
- Collaborating with research institutions and drug companies in their search for participants in clinical trials.
- Making presentations to the medical community (doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals) about how they can help better for the PWP who come under their care. We visit hospitals, the VNA, recovery facilities, etc ...